Monday, October 19, 2015


82. Aha! I see me clearly now!
The Other Ken was smiling when he walked into the break room the next day.  "Sam called off the crooked lawyer his dad hired.  Dad said he'd use the lawyer to get custody himself.  Sam said he'd make trouble for him and lawyer.  When that didn't get his Dad to back off, Sam called in his grandma and his sister!"

I was stunned that Sam had gone against his father, but there was more.  The Other Ken added, "Sam had this aha moment where he realized getting his kid back through bribery might mean he wasn't ready to be a good father.  That lead Sam to thinking his dad wasn't fit to be a father when Sam was born.  The thought of his father raising another addict infuriated him.  It's like that one insight opened his eyes to his whole life."

I hadn't had a lot of hope for Sam. Once again I was wrong, and happy to be so. I had underestimated the power of the aha moment.

Today I will hope for the aha moment, the sudden insight, and the 'what the hell was I thinking?' realization. 

Writing My New Story © 2015 by Ken Montrose

(Just a reminder: Writing My New Story is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance to anyone you might know is purely coincidental.)

No comments:

Post a Comment