Monday, October 26, 2015

87. Think Collectively, Respect Individually

When I got home Blondie was helping Brat Boy with an assignment. He had to come up with a slogan that would make people think about their actions. Then he and two classmates had to act out a scene where the slogan applied.

"It's got to convey a good message in under ten words, Daddy," Blondie said. "Something like
'think globally, act locally.'"

"Think collectively, respect individually," I said.  "You impersonate an actor who claims he supports the working class. That's the collective part. Your friend plays  a waiter the actor verbally abuses.  Your other friend plays a manager who politely asks the actor to respect the waiter or leave. That's the individual part."

"I like it," Brat Boy said.  "Can the waiter and the manager kick the crap out of the actor for being so rude?"

"Better if they don't," I said.

Today I will think collectively, but respect people individually.

Writing My New Story © 2015 by Ken Montrose
(Just a reminder: Writing My New Story is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance to anyone you might know is purely coincidental.)

No comments:

Post a Comment