Monday, November 26, 2018

Fused
I got a text from Kim. She’d sent me a picture of her new purse. Cara had kept her promise to replace Kim’s old purse if they went to the animal shelter together. I texted her back, ‘Congrats on the purse, but did you come home with another a dog?’

She texted, ‘Help me! I went back to the shelter yesterday without Cara and took a picture of this little guy.’ She’d attached a picture. ‘I thought I’d send it to my sister who lost her dog a month ago, but now I can’t stop thinking about him! My dog habit has been triggered!’

I texted, ‘LOL, You haven’t been triggered. If you’d been triggered, you’d already have the dog. You lit a fuse! If you don’t do something, that fuse will burn slowly until you give in and get the dog.’

‘I’m so stupid.'

‘You’re not stupid, but there’s a reason they tell you to avoid the people, places, and things of our addiction. It’s ‘cause we all have fuses and if we get too close to the flame, they get lit, sometimes without us even knowing it.’

 Today I’ll avoid anything that might light a fuse.

Dogged Determination ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment