Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Thinking of Pooper-Scoopers
‘So now what?’ Kim texted. ‘The fuse is lit. I can’t forget how cute this dog is.’

I texted, ‘Apply the slogan: think, think, think. When I see the booze commercials I have to think, think, think. By the end I was drinking mostly alone.  No models in bikinis, no rooftop parties, no cuddling by a fireplace, wine glass in hand. Just me in my depressing apartment drunk all alone. Thinking about how my drinking ended snuffs out that fuse pretty quickly.’

‘I know. I know. I know that I know, but still…’

‘’Think about why didn’t you want another dog to begin with. Get out your pooper-scooper and ask yourself if you want to use it even more often.  Look at your last vet bill.’

An hour later I called my wife. “What do you think about getting another dog?” I asked. Sometimes it’s easier to give advice than to take your own advice.

Today I will think, think, think.

Dogged Determination ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment