Tuesday, November 6, 2018

To Face the Things I Cannot Change
“Speaking of avoiding things, did you notice none of us has said one word about Katie?” Josh asked.

“I’ve accepted that she’s gone,” Cara said. “I don’t need to talk about it.”

“She hasn’t even been buried yet,” Josh said. “We’re all together for the first time in at least a decade because she’s gone. It seems a little odd not to talk about her.”

“Somebody will probably mention her passing,” Trevor said. “Seeing as how we’ll be at her funeral.” Everybody but Cara laughed.

“You don’t accept things by ignoring them,” Roger said. He put an arm around Cara. I couldn’t remember ever having seen her cry before.

Today I will accept - and face - the things I cannot change.

Dogged Determination ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment