Thursday, November 29, 2018

Seen it All
I got out of my car and walked over to a group of people standing in front of the church.  The girl who had been crying was wiping her eyes with a tissue.

She said to me, “I heard you speak when I was in my first rehab.  The rehab took us to an outside meeting.  You were grateful your wife and kids had never seen you drunk.  I told the guy next to me someone should put Ex-Lax in your coffee. Maybe flush out the stick.”

“Wow,” I said, rolling my eyes. “Good to know you got something out of my lead.”

She laughed. “I’m crying but I’m happy.  I’m pregnant.  Katie helped me get sober. If I stay this way, my kid will never see me drunk.” She wiped away a final tear.  

Today I’ll be grateful for all the people who will never see me drunk.

Dogged Determination ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment