Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Worst Case Scenario
So we talked about Katie.  Like most people, we focused on all the good she had done.

Trevor said, “I know it’s strange, but when I die, I don’t want people to pretend I was a saint.  Talk about the good and my faults.”

“What’s the worst you could say about Katie?” Kim asked. “Before she got clean she stole pills from her dying grandmother. She sold her kids’ Christmas presents for drugs.”

“What’s the worst thing you could say about her after she got clean?”  Josh asked.

“If I she had shown me one more picture of that damn dog,” Billie said, “I would have killed her and the mutt.”

“Getting diet advice from somebody as skinny as Katie got old fast,” Sam said.

“She thought I had a gambling problem,” Josh said. “She wouldn’t get off it.”

“Wow,” Trevor said. “My critics could say a lot worse about me.  I feel like I gotta raise the bar, leave this world with less bad things for people to say about me.”

Today I will raise the bar on how I live my life.

Dogged Determination ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment