Monday, November 5, 2018

Tour De Frantic
“Even if I wanted to date, I don’t have the time,” Billie said. “I’ve gone back to school for my master’s degree.  I’m working my regular job and two days a week in the doc’s office.”

“If you had to work two jobs to make ends meet,” Trevor said, “I’d admire your effort.”
“I hear a ‘but’ coming,” Billie said.

Trevor said, “But I gotta wonder if you’re not riding in the Tour De Frantic. Keeping so busy, pedaling so fast, you don’t have time to think or feel.”

“I want to better myself, and make life a little nicer for my son,” Billie said.

“No doubt, but are you trying to do too much all at once? Why the second job and school at the same time?”

Billie started to say something, but stopped and stared at Trevor.

Trevor said, “I’m not judging you, I’m just asking you to ask yourself why you’re doing so much.  Getting ahead? Avoiding doing something else?”

Billie said she’d think about it. I wondered if there were times I kept busy to avoid rather than accomplish something.


Today I’ll ask myself why I’m doing what I’m doing.

Dogged Determination ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment