Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Nothing to Cry About
“We have a dog,” my wife reminded me. “Where are you?”

“Parked outside the church,” I said. “The funeral doesn’t start for half an hour. I’m watching people arrive.”

“That’s a little creepy. Are you OK?”

“I’m really good. Katie was a teacher, not a school teacher, but someone who taught people about enjoying life, never losing your sense of humor.  One new girl she sponsored is crying, but most people are smiling and laughing.  Katie had a knack for helping people find the humor in the darkest days. They’re doing that now.”

Today I’ll be grateful for people who never lose their sense of humor.

Dogged Determination ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment