Friday, November 9, 2018

HALT
We talked most of the afternoon and into the night.  Everybody left.  I got out my computer. 

“It’s getting late,” Dr. Deb said as I sat down next to her on the couch.

“Feel like I ought to do something,” I said. “I haven’t  done anything all day.”

“What’s that slogan? STOP?”

“HALT,” I said. “Don’t let yourself get too Hungry, Angry, Lonely, or Tired.”

“Didn’t you tell me about a study you read connecting Alzheimers and lack of sleep?”

“Good point,” I said.

“Let’s go to bed.  I’ll let you rub my back.”

“Lucky me,” I said, knowing I truly was lucky.

Tonight I will get a good night’s sleep.

 Dogged Determination ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment