Thursday, December 12, 2019


Better Late Than Never
Later that night Dr. Deb asked me, “How’s your hand?” I held it out for her to see.

“The swellings going down,” I said.  “I haven’t been lifting or putting any strain on my hand.”

She smiled. In the past I’d always ignored medical advice to rest my sprained ankles or stretch my stiff back before it started to spasm.  This time I did as I was told, resting and icing the injury.

Pushing 60, I’d finally learned my lesson, taking care of an injury before I had to see the doctor or physical therapist. I made a list of other things I’d seen people finally learn later rather than sooner.
  • The officer probably doesn’t think you’re as funny as you think you are.
  • Knowing what truly matters matters most.
  • Effort is its own reward.
  • It’s drinking, not just tequila, that’s the problem.
  • Stop and smell the coffee.
  • If you can’t ever say something nice, you’re surrounded by the wrong people.

The list went on.

Today I’ll be grateful for lessons learned no matter how late.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment