Tuesday, December 10, 2019


Extremes
‘Change of plans.  We moved the weddings to the Beaver County Courthouse.  We’re not telling my mother or my sister.’

I had met Billie’s mother and sister once.  I had no desire to see them again.

 I feel bad about it,’ Billie added.  ‘Do you think I’m going too far?’

I texted back, ‘Seems extreme, but dealing with extreme people sometimes takes extreme measures.’ 
The nice thing about true friends is you don’t have to sugarcoat the truth.  I texted ‘Do you really want those screeching harpies criticizing everything from the ceremony to your shoes? Drowning out the voices of people happy to see you happy?’

Long pause. Billie texted a smiling emoji, and ‘No Mom means no flying monkeys stealing people’s phones and keys.’

Today I’ll remember dealing with extreme people sometimes takes extreme measures.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment