Monday, December 30, 2019


I’ll Get To It
I finished my coffee and picked up my mail, a pile of envelopes from all over the country. Many people working in social services had to complete twenty-five to forty hours of training each year.  The envelopes held their home-study courses they’d waited until the last possible moment to complete.

Having written my Master’s thesis on procrastination, I could almost feel their stress.  I wondered what Procrastinators Anonymous slogans might be.

Work Ignored Brings More.  Delaying work creates more work.  Put off cleaning the gutters, and you may need to replace water-damaged walls.

While You Pout, Problems Sprout. Some things have to be done whether we like it or not.  

Time Lost Adds to the Cost.  People I knew put off getting sober.  Not only did they lose time, they lost jobs and marriages. They paid fines and spent weeks in hospitals or jails.

I looked at the pile of envelopes, and thought about waiting until the next day to open them.

Today I won’t procrastinate.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment