Friday, December 27, 2019


One Thing at a Time
When I got to work the next day, several of our clients were talking about New Year’s resolutions. A forty-something man was telling the group he planned to quit smoking, lose 35lbs., attend church every Sunday, run five miles a day six times a week, and volunteer at the food bank.

“And no more swearing,” he added.

“Easy Does It,” I said, quoting an AA slogan. “How about after you haven’t done heroin for a while you pick one or maybe two more things to work on?”

He rolled his eyes. I started to say something sarcastic, but wished him well instead.

“Thanks,” he said, “Trust me, when I set my damn mind to something, I get shit done.”

A woman in the group laughed and said, “You just swore twice.”

Today I will focus on one change.

\Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment