Friday, December 13, 2019


Give Up
We all met for dinner the night before the weddings.  Kim was a ball of joy, Billie not so much.

“You OK?” I asked Billie.

“I’m glad my mom and sister won’t be at the wedding.  You’re right, it’s likely they’d do nothing but criticize.”

“But?”

“But they’re still family.  I’m a little sad they won’t be there.”

“Better mostly happy and a little sad than completely pissed off” I said.

Billie laughed, “I had to give up a little family to gain a lot of happy wedding memories.”

We talked about how hard it was to let go of something even if you thought you might get something better.
Today I may have to give up a little something to gain a lot more.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose
Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment