Friday, December 20, 2019


Time Takes Time
It had taken almost twenty years, but Trevor and his wife reunited in a small church near their new home.  During the brief ceremony I thought about the slogan ‘time takes time.’

Early in my recovery I suffered mood swings and couldn’t sleep. I’d ask people when I’d feel normal again and they’d say ‘time takes time.’ Not at all the answer I wanted to hear, but I let time pass. Life got better.

As I was driving home from the church I started a list of things that take time.
  •        Forgiveness
  •          Being comfortable after any major change
  •          True understanding of another person
  •          Doing things right

The list went on. The trick was to not give up because time took time.
Today I will remember time takes time.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose
Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment