Friday, November 6, 2020

 

Fawlty Showers

POS

I heard the commotion, stood up, and walked to my door. A woman in her early forties was waiving a sheet of paper in front of Katy demanding to know who was in charge.  She spotted me.

“You!” she said, pointing in my direction. “You’re old. You must be the boss.”

I said, “I’m…” she cut me off.

“P O S! I’m a piece of shit?” She waived the paper in front of me, pointing at the letters scrawled in Sharpie across a drug screen report.

I laughed, and said, “Wait, you’re…”

She cut me off again. “You think this is funny? You won’t when my lawyer tears you a new one.  I’ll own this place. I’ll take your house, your car, I’ll take your #$%@# dog!”

When she stopped to take a breath, I said, “POS is short for ‘positive.’ You’re positive for THC.  It’s stored in your fat cells and shows up on drug screens a month after you smoked weed.”

After she calmed down, she wiped away a tear and said, “Well, I was going to get drunk, but maybe I’ll stick around.”

Today I won’t react until I know the facts.

Fawlty Showers © 2020 by Ken Montrose

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

·         https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/


No comments:

Post a Comment