Thursday, November 12, 2020


 Fawlty Showers


Nothing Personal

“You never told me why Abigail is wound so tight,” I said.


“Sad story,” Dana said. “Mom died when Abigail was a baby. Rich father went off the rails. Sexually harassed a series of nannies. Had to leave the country.”


“That’s miserable,” I said.


Dana nodded. “He left Abigail in the care of his very angry, bi-polar sister. Abigail spent her whole childhood trying to please her aunt while staying out of her way. Straight A’s, president of every club.  She never knew when or why her aunt was going to explode.” 


“And because so much of her life was out of control, she now tries to control everything around her,” I guessed.


“You got it.”


“I’m never going to like her control freak nature, but now that I understand, I’m less likely to take it personally.”


Today I’ll try to understand why people are the way they are.


 

Fawlty Showers © 2020 by Ken Montrose


Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

·         https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/


No comments:

Post a Comment