Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Fawlty Showers


Self-Discipline

At lunchtime, Dana came into my office, carrying a fast-food bag.


“Do you mind?” she asked, pointing to the sole chair in the room.


“Well,” I said, rolling my eyes and pretending to be ambivalent. “Don’t you usually eat in the kitchen with Abigail?”


“She eats the same thing every day.  A hard-boiled egg, half a sandwich, and tea.  It’s painful to watch that much self-discipline.”


I nodded. “You do need some. I don’t drink. I try to avoid sweets. I work out three or four times a week.   I’ll never have washboard abs, but I think I’ve learned enough self-discipline.”


“You need enough to not ruin your life, but not so much that you can’t enjoy it.”


 

Today I’ll try to find the right amount of self-discipline.

 


Fawlty Showers © 2020 by Ken Montrose


Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

·         https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

 

No comments:

Post a Comment