Monday, November 2, 2020


 Fawlty Showers


Acceptance

Fighting the things I had to accept had never turned out well. I made a list of things I was better off accepting and then moving on.


Life was unfair.  I could try to live an honest life, and not contribute to the unfairness.


Once I picked up the first drink, I had no control. I wondered how many people wished they had a problem where the treatment was not doing something completely unnecessary.  


Neither college I had attended fielded winning football teams. I waited for basketball season to follow their games.


The more people you loved the more funerals you attended. I reminded myself grief was the tax on love, and it was well worth it.


Cuffed, plaid, bell bottoms weren’t coming back. I decided not to give up hope.


Tomorrow wasn’t guaranteed. I needed to make the most of the day.


Today I will accept what I must.

 


Fawlty Showers © 2020 by Ken Montrose


Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

·         https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment