Tuesday, November 24, 2020

 

Fawlty Showers


SNIT

The next morning I forgot my coffee. Even though I was just ten minutes from my office I stopped to buy a cup.


A very pretty girl in line in front of me went off on her boyfriend. He’d forgotten a coupon that might have saved them a dollar.  I recognized him. He was a new client.


As she rattled on, my mind began to wander. Looking for a kinder word than the one that popped into my head at first, I landed on the word snit. So Not Into This.  Some New Insane Tirade.  Someone Needs Immediate Tasering.  


“Life is too short to spend time around snitwits,” I whispered to him as she ordered. “Especially in early recovery when your emotions are raw.  You can’t argue with snitwits, best to avoid them if you can.”

He shrugged, looked her up and down, and made a gesture that said, “She’s hot, I’m an idiot.”


Today I’ll avoid the snitwits.


Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

www.greenbriartraining.com 

https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment