Monday, November 23, 2020


Fawlty Showers


Sucks to Be You

The next day I rode by bike around North Park. My ride ended at the bottom of a steep hill near the Boat House.


I was going too fast when I turned into the parking lot. My front tire hit a bump and I flew over the handlebars, landing on my back in the grass next to the path.


A man walked his bike past me, not asking if I was OK.  Maybe because I was in pain, I felt a little resentful.


I started wishing he’d have a little bad luck as well. A fungal infection spreading upward from the seat of his bike. An audit by the IRS. An infestation of murder hornets.


In a few minutes I calmed down. Looking after me was not his job. I was just glad I wasn’t him. I mentally started listing other people I was glad I was not.


Today I’ll make a list of people I’m glad I’m not.

 

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

www.greenbriartraining.com 

https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

 

No comments:

Post a Comment