Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Fawlty Showers


Stepping in Should

As we walked back to our offices I said, “Good group, I liked the way you had them see the source of their frustration and the way they express it aren’t always connected.”


A smile crossed Abigail’s face. She nodded. “Thank you.”


We walked a step or two further and her posture stiffened. She said, “I should have spent more time talking about the consequences of not dealing with frustration.”


“Don’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good.  The group learned something.”


“Yes, but I should have gotten into the connection between being easily frustrated early in recovery and brain chemistry.”


“Well, it’s over. I suggest you quit shoulding on yourself,” I said. I had the feeling she’d be doing just that the rest of the afternoon.


Today I won’t should on myself.


Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment