Friday, October 30, 2020


 Fawlty Showers


Gratitude

I turned my attention to the second column, things to enjoy and celebrate.  Once again, I slipped into the trap of trying to write something profound when I needed to stick to the everyday.


After several false starts, I began writing an alphabetical list.


I started with Abigail, as much as she annoyed me, I had to be grateful I wasn’t her. Being wound that tight couldn’t be easy. I made a side list of other people I was glad I wasn’t.


When I got to ‘f’ I wrote ‘Friends who are family, family who are my best friends.’ I couldn’t believe how lucky I’d been in that regard.


I followed that with ‘Go Go Gophers’, one of my favorite cartoons when I was a kid. My dad and I would laugh out loud. It wasn’t until I was an adult that I realized how many dads didn’t spend their Saturday mornings watching TV with their kids. Gratitude swept over me at the memory.


The ‘p’ was easy: pizza. Vincent’s pizza, thick and greasy, 1,000 calories a slice, and little bit of heaven in a box.


The list went on.


Today I will write a long gratitude list.

 


Fawlty Showers © 2020 by Ken Montrose


Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

·         https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/


No comments:

Post a Comment