Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Fawlty Showers


 About Time

My wife and I drove north to get pumpkins, admiring the fiery reds and browns of the falling leaves.


“You miss your mother most in the fall,” Dr. Deb said, breaking the silence. “She loved the fall.”


“Time the magician,” I said. Dr. Deb gave me a blank look. “It’s from one of the few poems I know that isn’t a filthy limerick. It talks about how time transforms pain.”


Dr. Deb read my mind.  “You still miss her, but over time the good memories have come to outweigh the sadness.”


“One day I was trying not to think about her being gone. The next, I looked over and imagined her sitting in her chair, feet close to the fire, dog in her lap, reading the paper, and smiling. Time had worked his magic.”


Today I will allow Time to work his magic.

 


Fawlty Showers © 2020 by Ken Montrose


Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

·         https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment