Friday, October 9, 2020


 Fawlty Showers


Life on Life’s Terms

On that Monday, my new boss Randy stopped in my office to see how I was adapting.  He asked me what I thought was most difficult in early recovery.


I said, “Living ‘life on life’s terms. It’s a slogan that reminds people even though life is likely to get better after you get sober, you still have to deal with its ups and downs just like everybody else. That’s hard to accept after you’ve worked so hard to get clean.”


Randy laughed. “My mother used to say the cutest baby makes the dirtiest diapers.”


“The more people you love, the more funerals you go to.”


“The more money you make, the higher your taxes.”


I laughed. “We could do this all day, but life on life’s terms boils down to taking the good with the bad. Gotta accept it.” 


 

Today I will accept life on life’s terms.

 


Fawlty Showers © 2020 by Ken Montrose


Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

·         https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/


No comments:

Post a Comment