Thursday, October 15, 2020

Fawlty Showers


I Like That About You

Cuddles the cat wandered in, a dead mouse drooping from his mouth.


He laid the mouse on a box, swished his tail in the air, purred, and walked away, his head and tail held high.


A moment later Abigail stopped by to tell me I’d parked slightly sideways. I’m not sure why.  She saw the mouse. I expected her to be disgusted.


Abigail smiled. I imagined I heard her face crack.  “Cuddles must like you, he left you a present.”  Abigail liked cats.  I liked that about her.


Over the years I’d learned I wasn’t going to like everyone, but finding something I did like about them made tolerating their company much easier.


 

Today I’ll try to find something I like about people I don’t.

 

Fawlty Showers © 2020 by Ken Montrose


Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

·         https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

 

No comments:

Post a Comment