Friday, October 23, 2020


 Fawlty Showers


You Gotta Laugh

M.A. came chitter-chattering in, dragging something.


Mold clung to the inside corner of the old and weather beaten wallet.  No money, no credit cards, but tucked under one flap was a greying, almost unreadable card.


I saw the familiar logo. My father had been a Teamster.  I dropped it when I saw the name. James Hoffa.


I sat stunned for a long moment. I held a clue to the most investigated mystery of the twentieth century, the disappearance of Jimmy Hoffa.


I ran to Katy’s desk, holding the wallet with a tissue, because it was clearly evidence. The look on her face told me I’d been set up.


“Find a clue, Sherlock?” Katy asked. We laughed and laughed as I told her how completely I’d fallen for her prank. 


Over the years, I’d learned people who couldn’t laugh at themselves struggled with life much more than those who could. 


Today I will laugh at myself.

 

Fawlty Showers © 2020 by Ken Montrose


Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

·         https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/


No comments:

Post a Comment