Tuesday, October 13, 2020


 Fawlty Showers

You Gotta Laugh

As we started the staff meeting Randy turned off his phone and said, “People keep calling me about a truck for sale.”


“I put a sign on yours, $500 or best offer,” Katy said between fits of laughter. “Must sell today.”


Randy shook his head and laughed too. “I will get you back. Oh, trust me, I will get you back.”


After the meeting, I pulled Randy aside and said, “I got this.”


When Katy was at lunch I filled a specimen cup to the brim with apple juice.  I spilled a few drops on her desk and a note reading ‘Where do we store urine samples?’


Later, she yelled for me to “Get this the hell off my desk!” I apologized, wiped her desk with a paper towel, and drank the juice.  The look on her face was priceless.


It turned out practical jokes were a way of life at Fawlty Showers.  In 2025 we were struggling to get up and running in the middle of yet another opioid epidemic. Knee deep in misery, it was a welcome relief to be surrounded by people with a sense of humor, no matter how juvenile.


Today I’ll be grateful for people with a sense of humor.


Fawlty Showers © 2020 by Ken Montrose


Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

·         https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/


No comments:

Post a Comment