Thursday, October 29, 2020


 Fawlty Showers


Today

I sat down to write the greatest book ever written about life. Deep and meaningful, my workbook would earn me at least a Pulitzer and maybe the Nobel Prize for Literature.


“That’s my mistake,” I said to my laptop. Thousands of deep and meaningful books had been written about life. I needed to write about getting through the day.


I got out a tablet and divided the top sheet into three columns: things I needed to do or not do, things to enjoy and celebrate, and things I had to accept.


I looked at the first column and added ‘today’. Today I’m not going to drink. I’m going to let people know I care about them. I’ll try to set a good example.  I won’t dump coffee on Abigail.


Today I’m going to shut off my phone and enjoy my lunch. I’ll burn off 500 more calories than I consume. I won’t get on the internet looking for one quote and spend hours reading about all the things in Australia that can kill you.   


As I finished the list I thought of another slogan: Just for Today. I only had to do or not do the things on my list that day.


Today, and just for today, I’ll make a 2Do list.


Fawlty Showers © 2020 by Ken Montrose


Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

·         https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/


No comments:

Post a Comment