Wednesday, October 14, 2020


Fawlty Showers

Kicking Myself

After lunch I started an outline for the workbook Life on Life’s Terms.  I immediately hit a wall of writer’s block.


“#$%#@,” I said to my laptop. “This isn’t rocket science. I should be able to write this in my sleep.”  I berated myself for another twenty minutes, all the while glaring at my laptop.


A woman I knew blamed herself for the lazy doofus living in the camper in the driveway. I’d met her husband. Their son hadn’t inherited the doofus gene from her.


A friend beat himself up over his weight. Growing up, his mother had weighed him every day, punishing him when he was a pound heavier than she wanted him to be. I didn’t think he should blame himself for eating too much once he escaped home. 


Like the woman and my friend, I needed to assess my situation, and come up with a plan.


“Beating yourself up, doesn’t help,” I finally said to the laptop. “Better to step back, take a deep breath, and look for a solution, accepting it may take time to appear.”


Instead of kicking myself, today I’ll step back, take a deep breath, and look for a solution.

 


Fawlty Showers © 2020 by Ken Montrose

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

·         https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/


No comments:

Post a Comment