Monday, October 5, 2020


Fawlty Showers


It’s the Little Things

The next morning my wife smiled at me as I put on my jeans. “You still get a little kick from clean clothes.”


Toward the end of my drinking days, I’d spray my clothes with deodorant rather than spend beer money at the laundromat.  Decades later I still appreciated the feel of clean clothes, especially straight from the dryer.


“Never gets old,” I said as pulled my favorite shirt over my head.


Dr. Deb made a face, then laughed. “You know that’s an indoor shirt, right? Not to be worn outside the house. Or inside the house, unless all the curtains are closed. Maybe then only when you’re here alone.”


“It’s clean,” I said. “And partly because I savor the little things, so am I.”


Today I’ll be grateful for the little things that never lose their appeal.


Fawlty Showers © 2020 by Ken Montrose


Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

·         https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment