Friday, October 16, 2020


 Fawlty Showers


Fine, I’ll Do the Right #$%^@ Thing!

Abigail instructed me to wrap the mouse in a plastic bag and drop it in the dumpster, not the garbage cans outside, and certainly not in my office trash. I toyed with the idea of gluing googly eyes to the carcass and putting it on her windshield.


Instead, I wrapped the mouse in a plastic bag and dropped it into the dumpster.  I didn’t want it in my office.  We didn’t have enough garbage cans and they were always full. 


Putting the mouse in the dumpster was the right thing to do, even if the wrong person suggested it. I thought about all the times I had delayed doing the right thing because someone in authority, or someone I disagreed with, said I should. My ego had cost me each time.


On my way home I stopped at the Dollar Store to find a toy mouse about the same size and color as the one I’d gotten rid of.


Today I’ll do the right thing no matter who suggests it.

 


Fawlty Showers © 2020 by Ken Montrose

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

·         https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/


No comments:

Post a Comment