Friday, October 2, 2020


 Fawlty Showers

Drop the Puppy, Lose the Emu

Later that night I opened my laptop.  The software that sorted my messages sent my test results to the spam filter, along with an electronic summons to testify, and a contract for my new employer.


I got a little distracted by the messages the software sent to the ‘urgent’ file.


 A state representative wanted my vote. The attached picture of his opponent kicking a child while stealing his puppy may have been photoshopped.


An insurance company asked if I was happy with my coverage.  I didn’t answer their survey, but I suggested they lose the emu ads. They weren’t funny when they started in 2019. They were six years more annoying in 2025.


I blocked further messages from the cat psychic.


“I can’t blame you” I said to my laptop, “for not knowing what’s important.  I know.” I sent a heart emoji to my wife. I invited an old friend to meet me for lunch.  I started working on my yearly training to benefit Operation Troop Appreciation, a service organization dedicated to making life easier for active duty personnel.


Today I will focus on what’s truly important. 



Fawlty Showers © 2020 by Ken Montrose


Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

·         https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/


No comments:

Post a Comment