Wednesday, October 7, 2020


 Fawlty Showers

Caught

I got a text, read it, and sighed.   “Guy from the gym ate a couple Xanax, but didn’t get called in for a random drug screen,” I told Dr. Deb. “He could have lost his job.  Really scared himself.”

“It sounds like he learned his lesson. Why don’t you seem happy about it?”

“Every time you get away with something, it’s a little easier to do it again,” I said.

“Don’t you think remembering the fear of being caught will stop him?” Dr. Deb asked.

“It would stop some people, but over time others start remembering that fear as excitement.  I’m think that will happen with this guy.”   

“He’ll do it again?”

“I’d bet on it. Kinda makes me glad I did finally get caught driving drunk. It turned my life around.”

Today I’ll be grateful for the times I got caught.

 

“I

Fawlty Showers © 2020 by Ken Montrose

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

·         https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/


No comments:

Post a Comment