Monday, October 19, 2020


 Fawlty Showers


Back Again

I spent that evening in my chair, working on the new workbook. The next morning I bent over to put on my socks, and the muscles in my lower back locked tight.


I had been down that road many times.


Pat, my physical therapist, had warned me about sitting for too long.  He’d explained why my long torso and age made me prone to back issues. 


‘An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure,’ I thought. ‘Too late now.’


Instead of ten minutes of stretching twice a day, I would have to stretch every ten minutes or so. I’d have to ice my back, apply heat, and take ibuprofen. It might be a weeks before I could ride my bike or go to the gym.


“Easier to lock the doors than confront the burglar,” I muttered through gritted teeth. “Better to get the booze out of the house than to go to rehab.”


Today I’ll remember, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.


Fawlty Showers © 2020 by Ken Montrose


Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

·         https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/


No comments:

Post a Comment