Monday, October 12, 2020

 

Fawlty Showers


Certainly

“Staff meeting in an hour,” Randy said as he got up to leave my office.


After he left, Cuddles the cat poked his head in, looked around the room, and walked away.  A few minutes later he returned with Moondoggy Alpha, or M.A. as he apparently liked to be called.


M.A. scurried up some boxes to my desk.  He dropped a Gummi Bear on my blotter.  I opened a drawer.  M.A. frowned. ‘Ferrets don’t frown,’ I thought. ‘I’m losing it.’


I opened another drawer.  M.A. smiled. Ferrets don’t smile. I dropped the candy into that drawer. M.A. and Cuddles left.


“What is going on?” I wondered aloud. “Am I losing my mind?”


I’d learned during the pandemic of ’20-’21 that in uncertain times it helped to list things of which I could be certain.


I was certain my family loved me. I knew I could stay sober one day at a time.  Hard times passed, good times lasted, if only as memories. The list went on.


Today I’ll make a list of things of which I can be certain.

 

Fawlty Showers © 2020 by Ken Montrose

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

·         https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/


No comments:

Post a Comment