Tuesday, February 23, 2021


Fawlty Showers


Building Blocks

Our weekly staff meeting felt more like a funeral. Our finances were shaky, the county was trying to evict M.A. and Cuddles, and our beds were half empty.


“You people suck at taking inventory,” I said after a heavy silence fell over the group. “You gotta see the building blocks in the rubble.”



Randy stared at me.


I continued, “We have a good staff, word will get out and people will come here.  The buildings are shaping up.”


Katy said, “I’ve been thinking. We can fight in the media to keep MA and Cuddles. Maybe we can build on that publicity to fill beds.”   


The mood lightened a little and I added, “Bonus - Dana will move on when her internship is done.  We just need to count the days.” Dana punched me and laughed.


Today I’ll look for the building blocks in the rubble.

 


Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

www.greenbriartraining.com 

https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment