Wednesday, February 24, 2021


Fawlty Showers

Help!

Randy said, “Ken, you can be in charge of the media campaign.  Do you need any help?”

Without thinking, I said, “No, I’m good.”

I’d always had the hardest time accepting help.  I’d refused to accept help marketing my books. Over the years I’d averaged about one sale a month. 

My sophomore roommate in college was a math major.  I declined his offer to help me with Calculus. I was pretty sure I passed with a ‘D’ out of sympathy and the professor’s strong desire not to have me sitting in his classroom again.

My neighbors had asked if I’d needed help moving patio furniture. I’d said no, and spent the next week icing my back.   

When I’d gotten humble enough to accept help, things almost turned out well. I hadn’t had a drink since I accepted help and advice from AA old-timers.

“On second thought, Katy can you help?” I asked.

 

Today I will accept a little help.

 

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

www.greenbriartraining.com 

https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment