Thursday, February 4, 2021


 Fawlty Showers


Drug Sniffing Ferrets/Guide Cats

Randy called for a staff meeting. We shuffled into a conference room.   Our census was down, we weren’t treating enough people to pay the bills. We were running out of start-up money.


“And just to suck some more joy from the situation, the county says we can’t have companion animals onsite,” Randy said.  Service animals only.”


“They’re not pets,” I said. “Moondoggy Alpha finds contraband.  My eyes are getting old and I rely on Cuddles to lead me sometimes.  At least that’s what we’ll claim.”


“You want me to sell the county on a drug-sniffing ferret and a guide cat?” Randy thought for a moment. “Who knows, maybe the county inspector will have a sense of humor.”


“We’ll get through this,” I said. “Best we all have a sense of humor while we do.”


Today I will hold onto my sense of humor.


Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

  • www.greenbriartraining.com 
  • https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S


No comments:

Post a Comment