Thursday, February 11, 2021


Fawlty Showers


Good Use

Marti poked her head into my office. “I’m not going to jail,” she said. “As part of my plea agreement I’ll teach computer skills to underprivileged kids instead.”


“Nice,” I said. “That’s a much better use of your talents than sabotaging the local the traffic lights.”


“No more hacking. Still, I will miss some of the pranks I pulled.”


“Like what?” I asked.


“My sorry-ass husband listed his symptoms on WebMD. I was looking over his shoulder. I went into our bedroom, got on my laptop, and hacked into his computer.  I made ads for funeral homes and burial plots pop up on his computer. Scared the hell out of him.”


I laughed, but said, “The world would be a better place if we all put our talents to good use.”

 

Today I will put my talents to good use.

 

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

www.greenbriartraining.com 

https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

 

No comments:

Post a Comment