Friday, February 12, 2021


 Fawlty Showers


Progress

I stopped by Randy’s office on my way out that day.  He barely looked up when I said hello. “How’s it going?” I asked.


“I didn’t get much done,” he said, pointing to a stack of papers.  “Felt like I was wading through mud all day.”


I said, “There’s a guy at the gym who wears Army boots and a heavy backpack on the treadmill. He doesn’t go very fast, but he stays on the machine a couple of hours at a time. I go much farther on my bike, but he’s probably in better shape.”


“What’s your point?”


“You’ve got a lot on your mind. Consider the burden you carry before you judge the progress you’ve made.”


 

Today I will consider the burden I carry when I judge the distance I’ve traveled.


 

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

  • www.greenbriartraining.com 
  • https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S
  • https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment