Tuesday, February 2, 2021

 


Fawlty Showers


I Can Do This

More snow fell the next day. I cleared the driveway, my fingers going numb despite my thick gloves.  I wondered how much it would cost to have the tip of my nose reattached after it froze and fell off.


I was relieved to see the polar bear bearing down on me was actually a neighbor in a white parka. 


“Don’t you love the winter?” He asked, a bright smile lighting up his face.  


“Reminds me of that movie ‘Fargo,” I said.  He hadn’t seen the film, and blathered on about the beauty of new fallen snow. 


I made a mental note to price used wood chippers.


I thought of a widow I’d known who couldn’t shovel snow and couldn’t afford to pay someone.  Friends from AA shoveled for her, but I got the impression she felt bad about it.


There were things I needed to do that I didn’t like doing.  The trick, I thought, was to try to be grateful I could do them.


Today I’ll try to be grateful I can do what I need to do.


Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

  • www.greenbriartraining.com 
  • https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S
  • https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment