Thursday, February 25, 2021


 Fawlty Showers


Drama

After the meeting Dana stopped in my office to see if I could run group with her that day.


Her phone buzzed several times. Each time she looked at the number, but did nothing.


“Everything OK?” I asked.


Dana said, “My daughter, the princess, is having a meltdown over shoes for the prom.  Her boyfriend and his mother are caught up in the drama.  They want me to leave work to take her shopping.”


“What are you going to do?”


“Turn off my phone,” Dana said. “The three of them love the drama, even though they pretend to be upset over whatever the crisis of the day might be.”


“Nothing but more drama seems to come from drama,” I said.  “Can’t tell you how many people I’ve seen either become addicted to it, or relapse over it.”


Today I’ll ignore the drama.

 

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

www.greenbriartraining.com 

https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/


No comments:

Post a Comment