Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Fawlty Showers


Better Late Than Never

A heavy snow had fallen that day.  Fawlty Towers started ninety minutes later than usual.


I began to write my blog, and wondered if I should just skip it.  The day was half over.  MA read my mind and shot me a disapproving look.


“I know,” I said to the ferret, “better late than never.”  I started a list of ‘better late than nevers.’


People who got sober later in life were often completely determined to squeeze the most from every day they had left.


People who finally told someone they loved them, seemed to say so with conviction.


People who got around to taking that trip never seemed to regret it.


“You know, I can’t think of anyone who wasn’t happy they’d done something late rather than never.” MA nodded in agreement.


 

Today I’ll remember ‘better late than never’.

 


Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

  • www.greenbriartraining.com 
  • https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S
  • https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/



 

No comments:

Post a Comment