Friday, January 29, 2021

Fawlty Showers


Drifting Away

“Anyway, five minutes ago you were yelling at a chair and saying this was the best #$%@ donut ever,” I pointed out.


Dana started to say something, but the intercom clicked on.


“Do you two think you could get through one morning without swearing?” Katy said.


“I’ll #$%@$ try,” I said, and waited for Katy to laugh. Silence.  “Sorry.”


I turned to Dana, “Do we swear a lot?” I asked.


“I think we’ve kind of drifted into it,” she said. “I blame you.”


We talked about all the bad habits people drift into a little at a time.


After she left, I thought drift was more dangerous than rationalization, because rationalization took effort, drift did not.

 


Today I’ll beware of drift.

 


Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

www.greenbriartraining.com 

https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

 

No comments:

Post a Comment