Friday, January 8, 2021


 Fawlty Showers


The Extra Mile

I asked Dana if she’d heard any more about the court case and the rehab’s finances.


“Did you know my husband’s crew is doing the renovation?” Dana asked me.


“I didn’t,” I said. “They do really good work.”


“Thanks. He told Randy to hold onto the bill until Fawlty Showers was making a profit.  It’ll give Randy a little breathing room.”


“Wow. That was really going out of his way to help.  Thank him for me.”


“He’s a very kind, charitable man,” Dana said with a happy sigh.


“Well, he married you, he’d almost have to be,” I said.  She laughed and we traded insults until it was time for her to run group. I made a mental list of the people who’d gone the extra mile to help me over the years.


Today I’ll be grateful for people who go the extra mile to help.


 

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

www.greenbriartraining.com 

https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/


No comments:

Post a Comment