Monday, January 4, 2021

 

Fawlty Showers


Good News
I picked up my phone to check the news. Scrolling through the headlines, I saw: ‘DOJ Investigation’, ‘Death Toll Mounts’, and ‘Markets Down’.


I’d always thought staying informed was important, but I wondered if I needed to find a little balance to the information I got. Maybe I needed to look for some good news.


I called my daughter Blondie. “What’s wrong?” she asked. “Is Mom OK?”


“Nothing’s wrong,” I said. “Just wanted to see how your day was going.”


“Daddy!” she said in a tone I had used when she was a child doing something she wasn’t supposed to. “Civilized people text. Calls are for emergencies.”


She told me about her new job, and how TyGuy was doing. We talked about their house hunting, and the fun they’d had at a friend’s wedding.


I told her she’d brightened my day, but I had better get back to work.


Blondie laughed, and said, “You should call Brat Boy. Early in the morning.  Get his heart started.”


 

Today I’ll look for some good news.


 

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

www.greenbriartraining.com 

https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment