Monday, January 25, 2021


Fawlty Showers


 Short Term/LongTerm

The next Monday I walked past Abigail’s office, and then turned around and went back.


“Settling with your aunt would be like giving in to cravings,” I said, thinking I was an idiot.  Abigail settling would make my employer much more financially stable.


“I don’t see any similarities,” Abigail said.


“You trade short-term relief for a long-term problem.”


Abigail thought about it. “If I settle, I’ll be done with her, but I’ll spend a long time regretting it,” she said. “Of all the resentments I have against my aunt, it will disturb me the most.”


 

Today I won’t trade short term relief for long term problems.


 

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

  • www.greenbriartraining.com 
  • https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S
  • https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment