Wednesday, January 6, 2021


 Fawlty Showers

Ba, Bi, Be, Bo, Bu, …

That evening I was feeling restless. “I’m going to the gym,” I said to Dr. Deb.

I got on the treadmill. I had every reason to be grateful, but I just wasn’t feeling it, given the financial troubles at work.

“When you’re not feeling grateful is the best time to do a gratitude list,” my first sponsor had told me.

I started with a list of vowel consonant combinations as I cranked up the speed to a slow crawl.

Ba – bacon, what else could ‘ba’ be?

Be – Beverly, sure my sister had dumped eggs on my head when we were kids, but that was fifty years ago. I was willing to let it go, soon.

Bi- Bike, I loved my bike, despite the seat’s efforts to render me a soprano.

Bo-Books, loved to read them, hoped someday to sell some of my own.

When I got to ‘zu’, I said to the treadmill, “Zoo.” The machine chirped and I added, “Spelling doesn’t count.”

Today I’ll write a really, really, long gratitude list.

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

www.greenbriartraining.com 

https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/


No comments:

Post a Comment